Keep your roof in excellent condition and free of leaks and damage with Canadian Master Roofing’s Maintenance Checklist.
Your roof can take a beating! The wear and tear from rain, wind and snow and ice can damage your roof; it requires regular maintenance and repair. A roof can last for decades if it is well-maintained, while you would be lucky to get 15 years out of a roof if you neglect it and never do any maintenance. Canadian Master Roofing specializes in roofing inspections and we want to share some of our knowledge about checking your roof for potential issues with our Roofing Maintenance Checklist.
When to Conduct a Roof Inspection:
It’s recommended that you perform a roofing inspection at least twice a year, preferably at the end of winter and at end of the summer. In winter snow and ice build up and can cause problems. In summer, it’s also wise to take a look at your roof after extremely heavy rains, high winds, or a hail storm.
What to Look for During Your Inspection:
Do you know what you need to look for when evaluating the condition of your roof? There are some extremely important items you should check off your list:
- Are there are missing or damaged shingles on the roof?
- Do you see any moss, lichen, or mold?
- Did you check the fascia and soffit for rotting?
- Did you check the flashing for buckling or cracks?
- Are your eavestroughs / gutters in working condition, free of dents and unclogged?
- Is there any debris on the roof?
- Do you see any pooling water?
- Did you check the areas around chimneys for damage and wear?
- Are the fasteners (nails, screws) loose or corroded?
- Is the caulking deteriorating and in need of reapplication?